1. What inspires you to paint?
Life around me, I look for things which I find interesting from old buildings to people playing to tropical plants.
2. What’s the best thing about being an artist?
Producing something which people love.
3. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
UX designer or architect
4. What helps you focus?
5. If you would go for an art residency where would it be?
Anywhere, however Japan would be fantastic
6. How do you know when a painting is done?
When the essence is captured and it looks balanced.
7. How important are the titles of your painting?
Becoming more important in reflecting what the focus of the painting is about. Usually I play around with the title after I’ve finished painting. I’ve wondered if I can paint more by starting with a title.
8. What is your dream project ?
Paint something very big, maybe with other artists
9.Best piece of advice you’ve received?
Create space and time for painting.
10. If you could give your younger self advice what would it be?
Paint and draw more often.