Sathya Gowthaman has experimented with many different mediums. Her “Sculptures on Canvas” is an attempt to bring awareness on the lost sculptures of the Chola period from India and the importance of preserving our culture and heritage.
1. What inspires you to paint?
2. If you weren’t an artist, what would you be?
Archaeologist/ Antique Collector
3. What’s the best thing about being an artist?
Creating something which you love, that will outlast you.
4. Best piece of advice you’ve received?
Paint what you love, for your own happiness and not because you want to sell.
5. If you could give your younger self advice what would it be?
There is no right or wrong in Art, Don’t be afraid to try, be yourself.